Monday, July 13, 2009

Influence

5 authors that influence me... Hmmm... 5 books...


DING! A bulb over my head suddenly turns on - something infrequent ;)


So, let me begin. (I'll be starting from 5 then go to 1. My grammar classes finally worked. I studied climax and anticlimax for A YEAR)


5. Judy Blume: Undoubtedly, she has influenced me. She writes about everyone and everything. Best friends, the conflicts in a girl's mind about religion(Are you there God, its me Margaret), divorce, break ups, growing up, a model's life, earning, everything.


4.Meg Cabot: Yeah, she writes extremely superficial stuff, most of them about boys and girls and WDW and illicit relationships, blah blah, blah. Its nice for reading just when you finished a very serious book. Also, she can be an excellent writer. Just as deep as anyone else, but I suppose she writes most of superficial books for public demand.


3.Nicholas Sparks: This writer is awesome. I have absolutely no clue how he writes such books. Amazing. You laugh and cry at the same time. Yes, aloud. I was reading A Walk To Remember in class when I stated crying in this really sad part, people thought I was crazy. I've read The Notebook, The Wedding (sequel to The Notebook) and Guardian, and I could not stop reading till I finished the book. He is a gem of a writer. Really, do yourself a favor, and read Nicholas Sparks if you haven't yet. Please.


2.Carolyn Keene: I know I'm too old to read Nancy Drew, but it has made the biggest impact any book, no, any thing has ever made in my life. I have a huge collection of Nancy Drew book, and I've finished reading all of them (the whole series I mean).

1.Stephenie Meyer: Ah, the inevitable. How could I ever forget HER? The brilliant author of the Twilight Series, a person who can't not be on the teen's list. For one thing I would like to thank her about is for increasing my vocab. Every time I read a book of hers I need to sit down with a dictionary by my side. In a few days time, I was reading the dictionary. People would ask me what book I am reading, I would say, the dictionary.And people would politely smile and say that they had to complete some notebook, and walk out of the scene in a hurry.

I know I'm breaking the rules, this is the zeroeth author:

JK Rowling: I may never have liked her, or admitted so. I may never have wanted to buy her books even when they came fresh into the bookstores, hardcover and my be costing a fortune - still I was offered. I've only read the first 2 books, I confess. Seen all the movie except for the latest one. But JK Rowling was the one who made me believe about magic, mythical creatures, and all so ans so fantasies. I'm still waiting for me to discover a wizard, witch, werewolf, vampire, zombie, or any kind of monster under my bed.

4 comments:

SJ said...

is that ur bookshelf? So cute+impressive? How about Ann Rynd?! Have u read her?

I am sad that supandi and tinkle didn't get a mention here and even enid blyton. sob.

Aparna said...

Good one Ishita.
And one is never too old for Nancy Drew.

sujata sengupta said...

thats quite an unfamiliar list to me apoart from rowling..but if you like them they must be good!! try some Erle stanley gardner!!

Sakshi said...

I like Nancy Drew too and when I was young (I am still for your info) used to act like Nancy Drew sniffing out mysteries which were never there. I used to read Hardy Boys too.

Hey really you don't read Enid Blyton?? I read her books even now. The Faraway Tree is my favourite.