Thursday, July 2, 2009

Worse Than The Swine Flu



  1. Tagged. I have been tagged. Like my mother - Aparna, my aunt - Sujata and many others. This is worse than the normal viral fever that we have. It is a virus which is mandatory to spread. So, I will. At the end of the post. The things that annoy me... are many. For instance:
  2. Lack of privacy: I hate it when people invade my privacy. That's why, I like to curl up in a corner and read. I hate it when people peek into the computer to see what I'm doing. Or, insist on keeping my bedroom door open all the time.
  3. Slow computers: Slow computers absolutely tick mt me off. Yuck. Videos that take ages to buffer, I almost delete them out of anger. I get horribly impatient. I start to play with the mouse, sometimes rather harshly when it takes too long.
  4. Waking up early in the morning: I am expected to wake up 7 o' clock every morning. For the love of God, why don't people let students sleep till at least an hour later? We are not exactly the descendants of roosters, you see.
  5. The TV on full volume when I am listening to music on the PC 3 inches away: So what, if you don't like rap or rock n roll? Let me listen to some music too! Every time I'm on the computer, the idiot box is blaring. Women crying at the top of their voice, men screaming at them... UGHHHH!!!!!!
  6. When people don't let me talk: My friend, Aishvarya, has to tell me to shut up almost every 30 seconds, when she is reading a book. None of us like noise when we're reading. And in the middle of 2 periods, there is nothing to do but talk to Aishvarya, or my partner, Veeral, who pretty much talks about how Chelsea and Arsenal rock and ManU sucks.
  7. When my partner keeps talking of USA losing to Spain in soccer: "Chelsea rocks!" "Arsenal rocks!" "Manchester United sucks!" "Real Madrid is not playing well!" The hell I care about who wins. As long as the idiot sitting next to me shuts up or talks about something but sports.
  8. When people use me as a soundboard: Very often, I am pulled out of my friends' circle by someone or the other and used as a soundboard. "My boyfriend ditched me! Can you believe it" Actually, yes I can. If she used him just like she uses me. "My mom and Dad are fighting all the time at home, my house is in a bad shape, they're already very pissed, and today I just flunked my Math test. What do I do?" What am I, some psychiatrist? IF your boyfriend ditched you or you flunked a math test, you should know that I will be the last one to worry about it. And I am expected to listen very patiently, watching the person in front of me cry and say,"You won't be able to understand my problem. It's so bad!" Great, so let me go. I've got an UNO game on hold for me.
  9. Lack of communication between me and my mom: For most things none of us can get our point across to each other. We can't clearly state our reasons for being so stubborn, even when both of us know that its absolutely correct. And she can't understand my recently developed Anglo - Indian accent (I can understand my friends because they have the same accent and style of communication).
    Now for tagging people. Sakshi, I love your writing. So, you're tagged! I would also recommend the famouspick blog for books different people like to read. SGD, I found you post also excellent. Finally, I want to tag the writer of 'b o r e d o m at its best'. There, I'm done. Now, I know how annoying this is. So:
    9. Writing this post!

9 comments:

sujata sengupta said...

what kind of accent is that?Get rid of it!! You shd do a list of people I find super cool next and I would want to top that!! So Ayushi does not annoy you hmm? good good!!

Aparna said...

Mommies top the list all the time..Its ok. You topped my list. So I guess we are even.

sujata sengupta said...

You got an award Ishita..visit my page and grab it! You deserve this.

Gymnast said...

Umm...ok.
I always thought i was bad as a teen , but Ishita ... people telling you their worries annoy you?
If you ask me , i would take it as a compliment , because people tell their worries to only the ones they really trust.

Sharmistha Guha said...

Oh dear!!! When it comes to TAGS, I'm the greatest Procrastinator on earth!!!!!!
I did one after 6-7 months of dilly-dallying and now this.....grrr

Well, I'll do it for sure, young lady...but WHEN is the million dollar question!! ;)

Sakshi said...

Waito Et tu, Brute??? sobs..you have joined hands with SJ and tagged me?? well to be honest am delighted you tagged me coz now I don't have to say am doing the tag bcoz of SJ...Bliss!! But give me a little time ok...am very bad at tags and need to think of something to write down!

"We are not exactly the descendants of roosters, you see" that made me cause a tummy ache for ur kind information...u r hilarious!! and yeah I agree with you I hated and still hate it when people tell me their sob stories and then when I make a sad understanding face they shoot at me saying You will never understand...sigh!!
Lol u annoy ur mom and she annoys u...I think its fair and square then...but whoa you sure beating her up at a fast pace with your writing skills (psst pst does she check all the comments on ur post after she comments?? I don't want to get into her hit list u see....)

Sharmistha Guha said...

Ishita! you have an AWARD & a TAG at

http://whimsnwishes.blogspot.com/2009/07/tagetty-tagetty-tag.html

I took my revenge & tagged you and did your tag too!!! ha ha ha!!

Sakshi said...

Just for u...I did the tag :) let me know if you think I have enough annoying people in my life

Pesto Sauce said...

Many of yours matching with mine