Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Kamini, oh sorry Kaminey

So, one day I was watching some TV - the news - for further updates about the swine flu. And one of those really irritating ads came up. It was some stupid Tyra Banks like show, called On The Couch With Koel featuring Shahid Kapoor. This was supposed to be one of his interviews. The hostess, Koel said:

"So, Shahid, you know what, all the kids who are under 10, have been constantly talking about you next movie - Kaminey. Ironically, they call it Kamini!"

And I couldn't help but roll on the flor laughing. KAMINI!!! That has to be the joke of the year.

Ayushi, looking very annoyed said," Hahaha. Very funny. Stop laughing! Even I thought it was Kamini."

I immediately stopped laughing. I blinked. Once. Twice. Thrice. And then I laughed and laughed till (a) My stomach hurt (b) My jaw hurt and (c) my mom looked away fom the monitor (hey that's a big thing - she's so engrossed in blogging that she never notices a thing) (d) my dad got really really annoyed (e) I was almost out of breath.

I still tease my sister about this, but (habits don't rub over each other just when you're married) I've started calling it Kamini too. Sigh.

I also really wanted to post this video. It's huge in India, and apparently in the nightclubs all across the world too!



5 comments:

SJ said...

Pls tell me ur kidding me? This song..u mean this song where 2 orangutans who have escaped from Indonesia Zoo are prancing around is huge in India? It can be huge in night clubs- all of them are prancing around senseless anyway.

And whatever happened to all the barbers in India, they are on strike or what? I could not recognize the organs sorry men in that video, they need a hair cut pronto.

sujata sengupta said...

I have been screaming my lungs out that the name of this movie is horrible..and your mom keeps saying its ok..its ok..it just means rascal!! arghhhhh!

Aparna said...

Whats wrong with Kaminey? Just a year back we had a song with the word 'saala' in it. Now that was awful. And the song Dhan Te Nan is bad, but I like this expression... reminds me of my childhood days.

Sakshi said...

Too much eye pain causing song...sigh!! I think I am still having the Jab We Met hangover which is the only movie I liked Shahid in.

Kamini but why?? The new generation is much worse in hindi than me and SJ put together or what?

Ishita said...

@SJ: I suppose the men went broke buying drinks in the nightclub.

@Sujata: Uh i really don't know what to say, everyone says it so freely now.

@Sakshi: You can bet. Ask mamma about how bad our hindi is. We don't know 'mool' means. I always thought it was value. Apparently not - its root.