Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I'll Tell You Why We're So Impatient!

I came up with a very very very frustrating chain of events recently. And I figured that this can not happen ANYWHERE but in India.

1. I needed Passport size photographs for my registration for some registration in school. So, I went to the Photo place, to get instant photos, which BTW, as the name suggests, is supposed to be instant. When I asked for it, they promptly sent me to the studio. They clicked my pic within the next 30 seconds. Fine. Then they told me to return for the 'Instant photo' 25 minutes later. Great. I said I'd be back in 10 mins time. Then, I did come back after 10 minutes. They stirred, and then reluctantly agreed. So, they started with some stuff. They printed a girl's photo, but that girl was not me. This took them approx 10 mins. Then they realized that I was shooting them dirty looks, and so they started printing another passport sized photo. Phew! Finally. And then the photo that got printed was some ugly looking woman's ARRRGGGHHH!!!! Then they finally did. I wish I was working. With some money on hand, I could sue them.



2. When I came home, I wanted to see a movie online. And this is what it said:

Ooops! No cookie was found.

You need to submit your email to our sponsor before viewing this media. Please click here to do so, then refresh the page.


I had to fill in some 8 sign up forms, and then they said that,

Sorry, this movie is not available for your country. Please come back later and check. Thank You. Sorry for the inconvenience.

And I felt like beating up the computer with a bat.I logged in for some stupid Shaadi. com, Naukri.com and god knows what not?



3. I had to get something printed in my school for my teacher, and for that, I had to use the printer in the staff room. The printer kept saying:

Loading_video_<span class=

What can get better? Then I had to go to the technician, and try and get it fixed, but did he even try, Oh of course he did, he did his very best, and observed every minute detail, 30 minutes later. I had missed my Science class, plus, the technician could not figure out the defect. He actually gets paid? Even a rupee?!

This is why we get impatient. Airtel calls us what they really like to call, an 'Impatient Generation'. See for yourself.


(For the record, some of their broadband services are pretty darn slow)

Ishita

2 comments:

sujata sengupta said...

This was good!! enjoyed reading it. Its murphy's law..when we are in a hurry, the world conspires to make it slow for us..rem..how your mom feels when you go in for a shower before school

Anonymous said...

Some days are like that...the whole world conspires against you and most of the times its just after a perfectly beautiful day.Thats just to neutralize the effect of the Good Day. :(

Keep Writing!