Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Mission Impossible : Accomplished!

YES!

My since-after-the-summer-vacations-six-month-plan worked!!!! Oh let me rewind. I promised myself that I would completely win my English teacher. Like I always did, in some lucky cases, the teacher turns up to be either:

  • Bengali, like me. So she's got that soft corner.
  • Gullible
  • Both
This has always been very easy. I make sure that my first 10 impressions are perfect. And the first 3 jobs she gives me.

But as luck had it, we got EXCELLENT teachers. Oh yes 2 teachers. But who can refuse a challenge? One of them was Bengali, but there was absolutely no soft corner, because she's not the partial kind and she didn't know I was a Bengali too.

Our second and my favourite teacher was not Bengali, or gullible. And she was probably the best teacher our school had seen so far. What's more? On her first day, she told us that she forgot names very easily. That would be another challenge. But I WILL NOT GIVE UP.

teacher.jpg (300×300)

I tried the usual 'behaved child' methods. Not working. One day, I had a dream. There, I heard someone. She said whoever that someone was: "You have to by the carrots on the way home. You have to be an orchid, and most importantly you have to show your teacher you potential to make her like you." Half of it does not make sense, but I went for it. I was present for every single class of hers, I wrote down notes, did her subjects really well, and what not. I tried to top the class in a test. But SN, maintained her position and would not budge.

So, by winning the spelling bee contest, and God knows what not, I finally came into her line of sight. I did a Gk quiz, where my GK is zero. I did another spelling bee. I even did a CMUN thing.

So now I can proudly say, Mission Accomplished!

Ishita

1 comment:

sujata sengupta said...

Congratulations Ishita!! How are the exams going on?